15 REASONS YOU SHOULD CHOOSE AN ELECTRIC FORKLIFT
- Electric forklifts have zero tailpipe emissions resulting in a better and more safe work environment for the employees
- Electric lift trucks produce less noise during operation which results in a better and more safe work environment for the employees
- Outside, on – site fuel storage is eliminated which reduces liability
- The cost of fuel is eliminated, ie save approximately $26,000 in propane over 5 years using a 2.5 ton capacity forklift 6 hours a day, 5 days a week
- Spend less on planned maintenance and repair maintenance, ie Electric lift trucks don’t have engines, transmissions or radiators
- Capacity ratings and stability are usually better at high lifting heights, partly due to a lower centre of gravity
- Turning radius specifications are typically better which can increase storage capacity, reduce product and truck damage and / or increase productivity
- Rearward visibility is often better due to the absence of a propane cylinder but a non issue when compared with diesel forklifts
- Longer major component life can be expected when compared with propane forklifts but questionable when compared with diesel forklifts
- Operator productivity is often higher because there are typically fewer hand / arm / foot movements required to operate an electric lift truck
- Overall, when placed into the right application, the electric forklift will usually have the lowest total cost of ownership when compared with diesel and propane forklifts
- The debate is on over whether electric forklifts are more green than diesel or propane forklifts. At issue is how electricity is generated and how spent batteries are recycled
- There are fewer waste fluids to dispose of, ie no engine, transmission or coolant fluid changes to worry about
- In the design of the electric forklift, braking happens automatically and electrically as soon as the operator’s foot is removed from the throttle resulting in less brake wear
- The hour intervals between services are usually longer resulting in less cost and truck downtime over it’s useful life.
Talk to Jeff today to find out the best solution for your material handling and warehouse logistics.
Ph: 06 759 1990 or email us today.